Bishop Allen - Don't Hide Away. From Nick & Norah's playlist to mine, these guys have a way with sunny pop that warms my heart and my eardrums, and this track is one of the many from their latest LP, GRRR..... that days later is still in my head.
Pete Yorn & Scarlet Johansson - Relator. I haven't spent much time listening to Pe
te since his debut Musicforthemorningafter came out years back but this colab with ScarJo really works for me. Maybe it's partly due to my fascination with Scarlet, (Which I think stems from a song, Steel Train's Better Love, written about her by an ex-boyfriend) but whatever the reasoning, this ditty is worth a listen, and probably a buck.The Generationals - When they fight, they fight. Not sure where my sudden interest for throwback pop came from but I can't get enough of this track. It's sounds straight outta the 50's (ish, I'm not that good with era's that existed before me), but also seems fresh, and I respect that.
Wilco - Wilco. Now I know it's not the best track off of wilco's latest LP, Wilco. But this track, named after the band, on an album named after the band, makes me laugh every time I hear it. I can't help but think that in 20 or 30 years when the musicheads look back at music from our generation that Wilco will be considered one of the best and/or most influential bands of all time. And when they do this, I know this song will be the first to jump into head. Woody will love ya baby!
Phoenix - Lisztomania. This Track, about a phenom pianist from back in the day gets me movin' every time I hear it. Recommendation, Spin it, if Dem' boot's were made for tappin'. Don't, if Dem' boot's were made for riding wild horses.
Spoon - Well-Alright. See Listomania above, minus the part about the phenom pianist.
White Rabbits - Percussion Gun. Something about two drummers rockin that I really enjoy, on this track they make chaos sound so controlled.
Well that's all ya get for now, but I have alot more tracks to list and comment on, so let me know if any of these worked for ya.



I like it. Any chance you can link the songs so we can listen to them stream (like you did in the next post) That takes this to the next level.
ReplyDeletehey mikey, i'm working on it.
ReplyDeletewhen you say fascination you really mean infatuation right?
ReplyDelete